We've had a great time with author Eve Edwards this week! Eve's been chatting with us on our forums to her newest book, The Queen's Lady, sequel to The Other Countess! Eve's been on our forums chatting with you about the dashing Lacey brothers, dress research, Tudor England, and more!
Here's what we've learned about Eve:
- When Eve is writing or working on a book, she doesn't read books from the same genre so she's not influenced
- Eve wouldn't mind being a young gentleman on the Grand Tour in the 18th Century if she could live in another time period
- If she had to pick between vampires or zombies, Eve would choose vampires
- While Eve does write about courtly love, she wouldn't like living in a period where the differences and power are stacked against women
- Eve initially began writing The Lacey Chronicles because her daughter was becoming a teen
- Eve's parents live near Kentwell Hall, where you can "go back in time" to Tudor England and walk around the house meeting lords, ladies, servants, and more!
- Eve's favorite Lacey brother is Tobias, who she hasn't written about - yet
- Eve likes to combat writer's block by walking her dog
- If Eve could be any book character, she'd be Alanna from Tamora Pierce's The Song of the Lioness series!
- For the movie version of The Queen's Lady, Eve would cast Dakota Fanning as Jane
- Eve is a bit wary about traveling back in time to live in other time periods - unless she can keep her good health, money, and prevent tooth decay
That's just a tiny bit of what we learned about Eve! To read the rest of her responses to your questions, stop by her forum here! If you're curious about The Queen's Lady but don't know where to start, why not peep this week's Buzz Blogger review or read the chapter sampler of The Other Countess as a starting point?